Progressive Solid Surface material thanks to the latest processing technology.
HI-MACS® is the Solid Surface material of the “New Generation”. The mineral material consists of approximately one third acrylic resin (polymethyl methacrylate or PMMA) and 5% natural pigments. Its main constituent (70%) is the natural mineral aluminium hydroxide (ATH) obtained from bauxite (aluminium ore).
Thanks to its modern processing technology HI-MACS® has:
- improved heat resistance
- improved impact strength
- enhanced scratch resistance
- better UV resistance
- improved thermoplastic mouldability
- a more homogeneous quality
HI-MACS® is produced on a steel conveyor belt in sheet form or as mouldings in a modern manufacturing process that meets high safety requirements and conforms to the most exacting quality certification standards. The material is heated in a progressive tempering process which is a two-stage thermal curing process at high temperature. The second stage thermal process is what sets HI-MACS® apart from other mineral materials and produces a new and stronger compound in which any structural defects are perfectly evened out. This improved structure automatically affects the quality of the material.
The benefits of the “New Generation” material
The intelligent combination of acrylic, natural minerals and pigments produces a non-porous, smooth surface that meets the most exacting hygiene requirements and offers a number of benefits over traditional alternatives. HI-MACS® is superior to conventional products, such as marble, granite, glass, ceramic, laminate or polyester, because of its flexibility and the possibility of seamless joints together with ease of repair.
Properties that make HI-MACS® Solid Surface superior:
- almost unlimited uses
- unlimited possibilities for individual design
- superior quality, laboratory-tested raw materials
- progressive manufacturing method that conforms to the most exacting environmental standards
- simple fabrication
- extensive range of sinks and bowls
- ease of care
- resistance to almost all household chemicals
- outstanding price-performance ratio
- unique 10 + 5 year warranty